CRIER PUBLISHES EXCLUSIVELY ONLINE EDITION OF ISSUE FIVE

December 10, 2020

Blackboard Collaborate or Microsoft Teams. GoGuardian or ExamLogin. eLearning or in-school learning. A year ago, these choices would have seemed trivial or irrelevant, not holding nearly as much significance as they do today. COVID-19 has caused insurmountable change in our lives today, with eLearning being one of the most complicating and impactful of them all. The most recent life-adjusting change has been the temporary school-wide shift to eLearning, announced Nov. 13 and lasting to Dec. 2. Education faced yet another hurdle to surpass. During this time, Crier decided to publish its fifth issue exclusively online, a fitting choice for such an unprecedented year. Below are the links leading directly to the stories of this issue.

NEWS

Your questions, answered

Art club mural to be delayed until next semester

A club to think about

Corrections

OPINION

EDITORIAL: Dear teachers

Embracing the awkward

A lonely holiday now, a better one next year

REVIEW

De-stressing at its best

Best lemon rice soup around Munster

INFOCUS

Just learning in eLearning

Stuck at home, stuck in the mind

SPORTS

Winter Guard spins into a new season

Conquering the court

One pin at a time

And the buzzer goes off

STUDENT LIFE

Good-bye, 2020

Going live in 3…2…1…

BACKTALK

Backtalk: December 11 is national lost and found day. Name one thing you have lost and found, or have never found.

Backtalk: December 13 is national salesperson day. What do you think would be the hardest thing to sell and why?

Thank you to Ms. Sarah-Anne Lanman’s Journalism 1 class for interviewing for Backtalk. Class members include freshmen Armani Bearden, Melanie Egebrecht, Laela Hawkins, Madison Hershman, Lauren Hoogeveen, Sarah Lenaburg, Anum Minhas, Anthony Ornelas, Jesylin Petrovic, Sofia Sanchez, Kaylea Stanczak, Ava Tucker, Kara Vitale, Andy Zhang, sophomores Reena Alsakaji, Aidan Boyle, Lauralyn Courtney, Hiba Fatima, Gracie Kisala, Josephine Mittelberger, Janai Munoz, Clare Regan, Ryan Tully, juniors Mickellan Kelly-Long, Alexandra Platis, and seniors Anthony Anglin, David Cordova, Donovan Espinosa, Genevieve Mrvan and Evan Stevens.

Crier • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

It is Crier’s goal to promote open discussion and discourse about compelling topics, and to avoid infringing on readers’ first amendment right of free speech. Crier reserves the right to delete or hide any comment if: • It is hateful, of poor taste, invasive of the privacy of others or libelous. • It promotes conduct or activity that is illegal for most of the student population. • It makes racist or sexist comments or representations. • It encourages the breaking of laws, regulations or ordinances. • It contains harmful content or spam. If questions arise over any of these points, the comment will be brought before the Editorial Board, where the issue will be decided by a majority vote.
All Crier Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *