Cheer prepares for nationals

Lexi Villalobos

IN A CHEERFUL MOOD Standing in formation, from left to right, sophomores Scarlett Mrvan and Nadia Pierre-Auguste and juniors Morgan Samuel and Kiki Petrovic prepare to cheer at the Boys’ Basketball Sectional game. “I love performing at the games,” Petrovic said. “The energy of the student section creates an exciting environment and helps boost overall morale.”

Lauren Hoogeveen, Story Editor

Anxiously whispering while waiting for the announcement of who won Grand Champions, the cheer team jumped up the second they heard “Munster.” At the Feb. 26 competition at Andrean High School, the team also placed first in their division. Preparing for Nationals in Sandusky, Ohio tomorrow, they had four hour practices over weekends in which they did full-outs of their routine—including every single stunt and tumbling pass as if they were performing. After getting a concussion, Meagan Hudson, senior, cannot participate in her last competition.

“It’s very bittersweet because although I am so excited for college and what my future holds, I am going to miss these girls so much,” Hudson said. “I will forever cherish how special this team has made my final season.”