Ethan Pischner: 159,490 minutes remaining

Ethan Pischner

I was in 7th grade in 2019 when the first big wave of covid hit. I was concerned about what this would do for my eighth grade year and the years after that. During that couple years of the covid shutdown, I had no clue what I wanted to do. I took the liberty of starting to learn about computers and photography. Two years later, I became a freshman. I was looking at the course selection guide to see what classes I would want to take that year. My eyes caught a glimpse of the word “photo” on the sheet. I immediately looked at it, it was a photography class. I decided to take it that year. The summer before that year, I had a marching band parade camp. After that week, I knew for certain that I wanted to stick with marching and music all through high school and after. 

Being a sophomore now, I have been introduced to many new interests. One of those interests is to further my music education. I have taken the new music theory course during the second semester of school. I really enjoy the environment that the band directors give me to work in. The two years of marching band that I have completed so far I know for a fact that I would like to continue with my music after high school. It’s all a matter of how I choose to continue that path while still finding something that makes me happy. High school has really changed my perspective on a lot of things. It really has changed how I feel about what the real world is like and what I need to do to be successful in it.