Anna Evilsizor

THEY WORK FOR YOU Juniors Ayush Arora and Gaby Ruiz pose as the student body president and vice president elects for next school year. Apart of their campaign this year included advocating for an Extracurricular Outreach Event at the beginning of next school year and bringing back Cookie Thursdays.

Q&A: New president and Vice President discuss plans for upcoming school year

Ayush Arora, junior: 

Q: What is the first thing you’d like to tackle as president? 

Besides the usual Student Government things (such as Homecoming), probably launching the Digital Student Feedback Portal from our campaign. Getting it up and running early on will give students more opportunities to provide feedback because it’ll be active for a longer period of time during the school year.

Q: How did you react to hearing the announcement of your election?

I had stood up for the announcement, and although I wasn’t saying a lot, I could feel that my heartrate was slightly elevated and I was kind of shaky. However, when they announced the results of the election, I just said “okay, we’re chillin” and smiled. That may seem a bit underwhelming but I was very thankful that day, and I still am.

Q: What do you want the student body to know about you? 

I really, really like donuts. Also, I’m looking forward to increasing student advocacy next year through our Feedback Portal, in addition to carrying out our other plans. This is especially exciting to me because advocacy is traditionally not as much of a focus within Student Government, but next year, we will change that. Ultimately, I’m thrilled to serve all of you next year, and allowing for increased student advocacy will better help me do so. Oh, I also enjoy biking, driving, and playing the guitar.

Gaby Ruiz, junior: 

Q: What is the first thing you’d like to tackle as vice president? 

I’d like to focus on student involvement in any way we can, like overall allowing a greater atmosphere for change while getting the student body’s input on it and of course school spirit and actually making that fun for everybody

I was actually on the bus to go to State Quals for Orchestra when I heard the news, I got a text from all my friends who were so excited for me. I was absolutely thrilled to hear we won, I couldn’t stop smiling!

I want the student body to know that I got their backs and will try to do what ever I can to make them happy

Crier • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

It is Crier’s goal to promote open discussion and discourse about compelling topics, and to avoid infringing on readers’ first amendment right of free speech. Crier reserves the right to delete or hide any comment if: • It is hateful, of poor taste, invasive of the privacy of others or libelous. • It promotes conduct or activity that is illegal for most of the student population. • It makes racist or sexist comments or representations. • It encourages the breaking of laws, regulations or ordinances. • It contains harmful content or spam. If questions arise over any of these points, the comment will be brought before the Editorial Board, where the issue will be decided by a majority vote.
All Crier Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *